Friday, April 07, 2006

Oooooh, Sometimes...

Happy Day! It's Friday. It's sunny and 40 degrees--that's T-shirt weather in Montana. This afternoon I get to flee my office and go set up a booth for the Gold & Treasure show this weekend, which is always a little fun. Then tonight I get to make a chocolate cake for S's preschool Spring party tomorrow. {cough} Two cakes, so we can consume one.

I didn't write yesterday--went out to Mexican food with hubby instead--but I am just about to close the door and open up the TMT file for today. Bonus: while cake-making tonight I will be able to write MORE, since hubby is going to a George Carlin concert. Woo-hooo! Now I just have to make the most of it!

I had some thoughts last night about how I might speed up the troublesome chapter 11, so we'll see. It might involve actual cutting. This is odd for me, since my omnipresent goal is to bump UP the word count...but I must remember that this does not mean that all the words I already have are golden. Some need to be dispensed with. It's just possible that not everyone will WANT to read the not-so-dramatic portions of a medieval road trip...

I am constantly encouraged, though, by the number of writer friends who ask to read my work, or have already read it. Bless you, writer friends, for keeping up my confidence (there's that word again) with your interest. It keeps me going. Oh, and the nice things you say help too. {g}

Ooooh, "Sometimes" by Erasure just popped up on the radio. I went through such an Erasure period in highschool. Now I'm humming too....uh-oh, now singing...

I better get to that writing now!

No comments: