Thursday, October 12, 2006

Surprise!

We had a surprise this morning--Child woke up with pink eye, nastier than mine had been. {sigh} That's an automatic no-go to preschool for at least 24 hours, so she and I have an unexpected vacation day together.

It's been a great day so far. She doesn't feel bad, so we're just having fun: dancing to her CDs, working on sticker books together, making banana bread. I even have the chance to do some laundry and go grocery shopping, which were both sorely needed but hard to fit into our weekday schedule.

And I get to work on TMT during naptime! Woo-hoo!

If you'll excuse me, I have to go click my fingers to a song now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two had great fun on your unexpected day off! Isn't it nice when they have to stay home, but aren't sick? :)

Reminds me of when my daughter was little. (She's 25 now..eek! how time flies!)

Susan Adrian said...

I felt guilty that it was so nice. But I really liked our secret day off. {g}