Friday, March 09, 2007

Pomegranates and Persephone

Here's a poll, of sorts:

Without looking it up, how many of you know the story of Persephone and the pomegranate seeds?

I'm curious, as I refer to it in the book, and I was surprised that my husband didn't know it. It's not a problem as I explain...but I'm wondering how well-known the story is.

I changed the right-hand menu a little. In the final step of severance, I took the Murderess excerpt link down--it was time. I'm not working on that book anymore. And I put up a progress bar for the new book, currently titled "Jenna". My goal--thanks, Vic {g}--is to have the first draft done by Surrey, at the end of October. I wrote 1100+ words yesterday (yay, me). I can make that.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I remember something about it from "Rose Madder" by Stephen King (his last good book, IMHO). In the King novel had something to do with planting or eating a pomegranate seed. And a minatour was involved somehow. It might be he took poetic licence though and I could completely off!

I'm not so familiar and I might miss the point.

Unknown said...

I think I could get it, if I saw it in context. *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink*

Wasn't she stolen and taken to Hell? And doesn't it have something to do with why we have winter? I'm forgetting details, but I think I would get it if I saw it in context.

Goals are great! Good for you! And I'd bet money you get done way before Surrey!

Anonymous said...

My toes are starting to hurt from all the ass-kickin' I've been doing lately. {G}

You're SO going to make that.

And talk of pomegranates just makes me want to drink.

Vic

Cindy said...

Hi Suze,

I don't know that story. I think I've heard it once or twice but I cannot recall the details.

Congrats on the new WIP. I'm glad you're having fun!

Susan Adrian said...

Chris: Nope, not that one. Sara's got it right. I'll post the story in a minute. I remember that other one too, though!

Vic:You think your TOES hurt? What about all the asses you've been kickin'? {g} But yes, I'll make that. Got another 900 or so yesterday.

Cindy: I'll tell you about it! And thanks. Yep, this WIP rocks.