Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday madness

A loverly weekend. Lots of hanging out, watching baseball (though now my Angels are out of it too...boo), and even swimming. I tried a new recipe last night that didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it was okay. Easy stuff tonight, soup and bread.

I was freaking out a bit this morning at the sheer volume of STUFF I have to get done before Surrey. Everything from preparing a speech to taking pictures of myself (ack) to presenting the new state map to the governor of Montana to dealing with the press to making sure I buy nylons. Sheesh. I made a list (aptly titled FREAKING LIST OF THINGS TO DO BEFORE SURREY), which makes me feel slightly better. Lists always make me feel slightly better. Are you a list person too?

Today I'm mostly doing lots of small detail-y things for work and catching up on homework. I have a class this term that is all online except for our 4 presentations--which oddly is hard for me. I leave all the assignments until the last minute. I'm not really sure why I have discipline when it comes to writing but not so much with homework? (desire? {s})

I'm still getting to know Natalie. Managed a bit more, and should make my (easy) goal of 2000 more words this week, 5000 total this month. That seems good for a first month, with Surrey. After that I'll dive into the more usual 10,000 a month goals.

That's all for today, because I have a quiz in less than an hour...except for your picture of the day.
For a textures/patterns assignment. This is a close-up of Child's laundry basket. {s}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I like your blog. Just discovered it via a comment you made on Diana Peterfreund's when I was browsing her archives. :)

You're very thoughtful and open about your writing process - my favourite kind of blog!

Cheers,
Karen

Susan Adrian said...

Thanks, Karen! I love to have new readers. :) I'll go have a look at yours too. (looking) Hey, you do some UF! Have you read Vicki's books yet?

Precie said...

Love lists! Absolutely love them. Love checking off items accomplished. The only time I don't love lists is when I don't complete them...then it becomes a reminder of my failures. But you don't need to know about that. :)

Have a great time in Surrey! I'm hoping I can join you all next year!

Anonymous said...

Susan,
Yep! Read both of Vicki's books and LOVED them. They're on my shelf to be re-read, someday, which is unusual for me with books (once is usually - though not always - enough *g*).
Joanna Archer is a wonderful protagonist, and I can't wait to see where the series goes next. :)

And yes, I write mainly (urban) fantasy. I also started to branch out into YA, over the summer... Ring any bells? ;)

Lindsay York Levack said...

I'm a list person!

Sending good vibes to help get you through the days.

What's the speech for?

Susan Adrian said...

Thanks, Precie, fellow list-girl. Hope to see you in Surrey next year too!

Susan Adrian said...

Karen:

Yay! Glad you read and loved Vic's work. I haven't had a chance to read the antho piece coming out in Dec, but I'm looking forward to that too.

[I also started to branch out into YA, over the summer... Ring any bells? ;)]

HA! Um, a little. {g}

Susan Adrian said...

Thanks for the good vibes, Lindsay!

I'm actually taking a speech (presentations) class. Which means 4 speeches throughout the term...bleagh. Actually this one is two days AFTER Surrey, but I have to start getting it ready now.