Monday, December 12, 2011

Getting there!

Finally, I feel like I'm getting a handle on the holidays.

We went away for a week's vacation (ah, San Diego, you were lovely as always) the first week of December, so I didn't start anything until the 7th. But thanks to a flurry of internet shopping last week, I've got everyone done except my husband. That one might take a while. :)

And yesterday we decorated! The tree is UP, there are lights out front, and all my Nutcrackers are standing in formation, ready for Santa. It makes me so happy to stand there and gaze at the tree, every ornament a story. (Mind you, I've forgotten some of the stories, but I'm sure I could make one up for you if you asked.) It made me happier when Child was heading off to bed last night, and she stopped at the tree and sang to it. Just because.

I've got a lot of work to do today, but I think I'll crank up the Christmas music and light my Christmas Pine candle while I go!

Hope your holidays are going well too. I'll send you a dose of holiday spirit today if you need it.

2 comments:

Ara Burklund said...

Merry Christmas, Susan! Glad the San Diego weather cooperated for your visit. It's been cold (a relative term, I realize) and rainy this week.

Susan Adrian said...

Hee! It was "cold" when we were there too--highs in the mid-60s. Everyone around us was bundled up in heavy coats and hats and gloves.

We were in short sleeves, giggling to ourselves. :)) It was -2 here this morning!

Merry Christmas!